Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Day 134-137 Durango to Zacatecas

November 3-November 6

After riding the highway to Durango and Dia de los Muertos, the last few days of riding seem somewhat bland in comparison. It feels like the day is without purpose. Of course this isn't true. As I look back at the photos I took, I remember that bike touring isn't about having awesome things happen all the time. It's also about noticing all the little things that happen that most people don't notice because they are moving too fast. With that said I guess I have to go and play kum-ba-yah after I add captions to these photos.

Does this need a caption?

While we were staying at this hotel, I was fortunate enough to meet Alan. I got to talk with him in Spanish while we ate the lentil, rice and veggie dish I made.

Yum.... tuna!

A charming little city called Sain Alito. We agreed that we got more thumbs ups, waves, and friendly honks in one day here than we did in all of the United States. This is true most days in Mexico.

As you can see from these photos, it is cloudy! And I'm wearing a rainjacket! The wind made it sufficiently cold enough to force me to wear a jacket. First time I have worn it since Yosemite in early August. Also, it rained for a little while each of the last two days.

Snack time on tarps!

Cathedral in Zacatecas. 

Detail work on the Cathedral in Zacatecas.

This is how we park our bikes at a restaurant.
Currently I am by myself in a hotel in Zacatecas because I accidentally got separated from Jason and Daisy. I went up and over a bridge on a very busy highway, and apparently they did not. I have been relying on them for the map and directions, which I see now was a silly thing to do. After I lost them I had no idea how to get to the next city without using the highway that I deemed too dangerous to ride. I decided to not rush myself or do anything crazy so I got a hotel room and a map. Tomorrow I will try to make up ground!

What an exciting little hic-up.

1 comment:

  1. I bet the rain & cooler temps were a nice refresher from the heat! Hope you have found your way by now! If you have a compass don't throw it in a lake ;)

    ReplyDelete