Pages

Monday, November 24, 2014

Day 143: Guanajuato to San Miguel de Allende

November 14, 2014

Defying all odds, I made it out of Guanajuato. I was nervous about navigating the tunnels, winding roads, truncated roads, and "glorietas" (traffic circles), but I went "todo derecho" (all straight) in the opposite way of San Miguel de Allende and somehow ended up making a large U shape to get to the highway, all the while staying on what seemed to me like the same road. 

I arrived in San Miguel de Allende an hour before sundown, and used the cell phone that I had just bought to try and call the Philtrons. They did not answer because they were trying in vain to find the host we planned on staying with. It was selfish good luck for me that I didn't know anything about their troubles any earlier because by the time I was able to contact them, they had made their way to a hostel for the night. 

We met some fun travelers at the hostel. It was clean. 

The ride was amazingly beautiful and calm. Heavenly. And the clouds!


My missing shoe did not show up. I am no longer in denial, and am now in the angry stage. Angry at myself for losing things all the time.

I decided the most fitting place to deposit my remaining shoe would be on the side of the road, where it can rest with thousands of other mateless shoes, and be a mystery for someone to ponder... How did this shoe get here? Where is the other?

Rest in peace, left shoe.


1 comment: