Pages

Monday, November 24, 2014

Day 148-152 Sierra Gorda to the Gulf of Mexico

The last week has been classic bicycle touring: Major frustration, a stroke of good luck, great roads, terrible roads, complete change of plans, beautiful sights, weird sights, new foods, new people and accomplishing a major milestone.

Some photos to demonstrate:

Riding through the jungle. I think it is still jungle.

Ferry. The guys have a lever that the use on the cable to push the ferry across the river. Side note: The dog just hopped on and got off on the other side. I have no clue if the dog actually knows what she's doing.
Share the road with trucks, motorcycles, cyclists, and machete wielding workers.

Bridge and river

View of fields on very steep hillsides.

I learned to adjust the exposure on my camera so you can actually see the clouds, instead of just one big blob of white.

Amapola China: my new favorite fruit. You crack open the peel and suck out the seeds. It's the sweetest, juiciest fruit I've ever had. 



In addition to letting me stay in a vacant office space, they cooked me nopal con queso. Last time I tried to eat a cactus I ate it raw and it wasn't good.
Gigantic statue to honor the orange workers of the region. Oranges and citrus are huge in this area.

Orange market. One of many escalators. 

This guy invited me to stay at his friends place. A little awkward but they were very generous, and I was able to practice my spanish a lot. It is getting much better.

7000 miles! But I'm not in Panama yet? My grandma asked me if someone moved Panama. I think maybe I got lost.

Ruins of Tajin. The largest structure they built was also the last. Both inspiring and foreboding.

Hill overlooking the excavated ruins of Tajin.

Made it to the beach! Yay.

Topless sunbather 1
As I type this I am in Anton Lizardo. Tomorrow I will head south towards Oxaca, and spend some more time in the mountains.

1 comment:

  1. ah ha you would make a topless sunbather ;) 7K miles whoot! way to go!

    ReplyDelete