Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Day 25: Bell 2 to Meziadin Jct.

July 16, 2014

75.91 miles
7:29:36 ride time

No pictures. Camera busted, and I haven't gotten them from Nick yet.

Woke up early to take full advantage of the all you can eat buffet at the ski lodge! It was such a great idea, and we fully enjoyed the wide selection of cooked items. Despite eating almost exclusively oatmeal for breakfast and snacks for the last 2 weeks, I jumped for the granola they had there. Nick made fun of me for going for the oats over potatos, bacon, sausage, and fresh fruit at the buffet.

I know why I don't sunburn despite little sunscreen: I  have built up a layer of dirt, dead skin, and general filth that protects my skin from UV rays.

We reached an important junction and decided our route south:
Leave the Cassiar Highway
New Aiyansh and the Lava Field
Terrace (big city)
Go to Prince Rupert (port town on coast)
Take ferry from Prince Rupert to Fort Hardy on Vancouver Island


This will take us through some different scenery, and the ferry ride is supposed to be spectacular.


No comments:

Post a Comment