Pages

Monday, July 28, 2014

Day 37: Hurricane Ridge, Olympic National Park day trip

June 28, 2014

Hurricane Ridge Day trip

Good morning! Back in the United States of America!
I decided to cowboy camp last night due to the availability of stars to look at. No tent, just a tarp, pad, and bag.



We went to bed at 1998 miles total, and by the time we made it to breakfast we had done 2000miles.



Bill took us out to breakfast and afterwards we parted ways for the third time. I still believe we will see him again. So see you later, Bill!

We planned to go up a steep 17 mile road to a famous viewpoint known as Hurricane Ridge, but we didn't want to do it with our bags. Ryan asked the rangers at the visitors center if we could leave our packs there. He was foolish enough to ask the old cranky man, who said no.

Fortunately I still have my charm with the ladies so I went to a female ranger, smiled at her, kindly asked if we could leave our bags there while we biked up and back, and she said yes.


It was very strenuous, even without our packs. Sweaty, tired, but content and satisfied.


But as always, the view is worth the effort.


I always imagined deer pooping like cows, standing up. Turns out they poop like dogs, squatting down. Who knew?



I have not matured at all on this trip. Here's the actual view that was "worth it."






The woman taking it said we should look more friendly towards each other. I don't know if we do or not.



I took this picture and then my camera died.


The ride down was one of the highlights of the trip. I think that trip must be included in some "Epic Rides" list. I highly recommend it. 17 miles: up in 3 hours, down in 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment