Pages

Friday, July 25, 2014

Day 34: Oyster River to Parksville

July 25, 2014
Day 34 Oyster River to Parksville
60 miles

Good morning from Oyster River! And hey, suddenly my vertical pictures are working!


Vancouver island continues to disappoint due to heavy traffic and not much to do or see. But fortunately we met and rode with a new cyclist. Riding with Calvin helped to make us not notice the not fun riding conditions. 



He got a couple flats, sadly. I tried to sell him my spare tires which are wider and have better puncture protection, but he declined. So I'm stuck with my unnecessary spares that are rubbing against and blackening all my gear.


We were also stopped by a co-designer for the "Unitrekker." I may take one on the Continental Divide tour next summer as a promotional and/or test ride for him!

As we were loading up on groceries, wouldn't you know it, Bill appeared! He was surprised to catch up to us since he laid back a day after getting off the ferry, and Nick and I were putting in some serious miles. 


It was nice to reconnect with Bill, and we all camped together in a big grassy field with a bunch of black tailed deer.





Here are some goodies I found. The owner says the nudists are not harmless, and has seen them walking up to children "wanging their dangs." I quote the quote in the article.



 Nothing like using cute little girls in to make a shameless appeal to emotion.



No comments:

Post a Comment