Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Day 120-121 Loreto to Ciudad Constitucion

October 20-21
12 miles, 68 miles

We are back in the middle of the peninsula after enduring a set of mountains and a long, straights section of flat land. The mountains were beautiful, but we paid for it later when we had to endure 20 miles of straight flat prairie that looked like it could have been any prairie in the USA. But with cacti.




These are some of the mountains we had to cross. Sorry about the sun. It has been relentless, as it is in the photo.



The enormous tarantula is by far the coolest thing we saw today. Jason spotted it trying to cross the road. Although they only bite when they are disturbed, picking one up is not advised.



Here is a photo of the area where we will are spending the night. Between the time I took this photo and now as I type this entry we gained 4 more people and 4 more tents.


This is also the most awesome pool design I have ever seen. I floated on my back around Cactus Island several times.



In an earlier post I forgot to mention that our 11 year old friend, Eduardo, pointed out that I have caspa. It took us a while to figure out that caspa means dandruff. I went into educator mode and tried to impress upon him the importance of personal hygiene.

2 comments:

  1. Guess you should have made room for the Head and Shoulders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that was an impressive spider.

    ReplyDelete