Pages

Friday, August 1, 2014

Day 41: Raymond to Winlock

August 1, 2014
62 miles

Nick and I have parted ways, so now I am .

Bye Nick, the last 2500 miles have been real special. Maybe we will reunite for Mexico!

While Nick heads down the Pacific Coat, I will be going through the Sierra Cascade range, starting with Mt. St. Helen's.

While stopping at a park to eat and get some shade, I met the inventor of the "Quadyak." Which is "a fully amphibious human powered machine." Meaning it can go anywhere that is wide enough, not too steep, and not too swift a current. I took a picture, but my camera lost it! Don't know what's going on.

When I met him, he was trying to scope out a navigatable route across the United States. Talking to him, he admitted it was difficult to find suitable roads/rivers. Judging form the FB page for the Quadyak, he's doing the trip is segments. Very cool!

I took photos, but they mysteriously disappeared. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment