Pages

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Day 64: Lake Tahoe

August 24, 2014
Lake Tahoe

Day 64 62 miles

I was able to get off the busy highway I was traveling on and found a mini meadow near a cross country ski trail. I enjoyed my personal mini meadow so much I had a hard time leaving it this morning. I lollygagged and finished my book.

I made it to Lake Tahoe, which is beautiful, but the steep hills and lots of traffic made cycling rather difficult. It was also Ironman Lake Tahoe day, so there were lots of triathletes running and biking around.  Apparently this is the best photo I took of the lake. I messed up.



After going around half the lake, I finally decided to stop and swim.The water is clear and just barely cool enough to be refreshing without being too warm.



South of Lake Tahoe is another long pass.


After the pass is a long, steep descent. Note the lower right corner. Max speed 51.4 miles per hour. Land speed record.





I had to do some after sundown/dusk riding. There is a lot of private land and I wanted to make it at least to this camping area.

After going to the bathroom, picking a tent spot, and cooking a meal, I realized I didn't have a tent. I realized it must have been stolen while I was in the bathroom which would explain why my bike was tipped over when I got out.

Turns out it wasn't stolen. I found it on the steep bumpy road between the park and the campground. I need to secure it better in the future.

False alarm!

2 days from Yosemite! Need to send postcards and update blog. It has been a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment