Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Day 59: Mt. Shasta to River Road Loop hwy 83

After ditching my gear behind some bushes, I went up to Panther Meadows, just at the treeline on Mt. Shasta.

Oh no the trees are sideways!


Oh no now the land is sideways!




What is amazing about the mountain is how quickly its features change. You go from Alpine meadows to rubble to forest to a completely different kind of rock all within one mile of walking. These photos are on a trail to South Gate Meadow.





Hiero!




The descent that took me over 2 hours to climb was over in about 20 minutes. I love biking downhill.

I made it to a nice quiet road that had lots of water going around it. I swam in this nasty, stagnant water before I learned that there is a much nicer swimming hole down a short trail.



Oh well. I got to clean myself from this:



to this:

No comments:

Post a Comment