Pages

Monday, August 11, 2014

Day 51: Elk Lake to Chemult

August 11, 2014

Another anxiety inducing day with no water refill at the end!

This is my proud creation for the day. Lunch was curried red lentils, onion, and ramen noodle. Cooks up fast and is a complete protein source! And it tastes better than my average camping meal.


I stopped by this lake for lunch, but I was sad because there was no good swimming spot!



I pedaled a little out of the way in order to make it to Crescent Lake, which had a nice beach area for me to swim in.



I ended the day with only a bottle of water, which is a stretch to make dinner with, hydrate overnight, make breakfast with, and then have enough to stay hydrated to the next water source. I had to pour my pasta water, which has some nasty onion and garlic shrimp scampi flavor to it, back into the water bottle so I have enough. It will could be gross.

I finally met some touring cyclists on this route! One group was northbound, and then I passed another doing a week long loop through Oreogon. I hope I start seeing more soon! It would be nice to have a riding buddy.

Made it close to Chemult, which puts me in range to make it to Crater Lake tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment