Pages

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Day 50: Sisi Creek to Elk Lake

August 10, 2014

Today ended up being a little more hectic than I planned because my water sources disappeared very suddenly.

The terrain has switched from forests tot he high desert of Oregon.


I got to bike past my street! This is on the outskirts of Bend. When I was going through bend I still had a bottle of water left, and my map showed some streams down the road. When I got to them they were dry so I had to keep on going and going and going. I ended up going much farther than I planned just so I would have water.


I passed this mountain. It's funny if you read it like a command.



I kept riding and riding and then it started to rain, and then it got dark. I finally found a stream and so I drank several bottles full of water. I wanted to camp nearby to have water for tomorrow but it wasn't suitable for a tent. I had to go down to a trailhead which you're not supposed to camp by but it was so dark I didn't want to be on the road. Fortunately it also had a stream going through it.

Not having water is about the only thing that makes me anxious out here, but I found some so it's all good. 

1 comment:

  1. That branch in your Mt. Bachelor photo is conveniently placed lol ;)

    ReplyDelete