Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Day 54: Lake of the Woods to Ashland

August 14, 2014
37 miles

Good morning from Lake of the Woods! The Oregon Lake of the Woods, to be clear.

I had no food except for a little jelly and ramen and I'm almost out of fuel. So I rushed into Ashton as fast as I could. It was really slow going, but then I realized why: I've been climbing.



For the first time all trip I got a motel room. I wanted to be able to update the blog, which would require later hours than the library had. The motel is physically between the Holiday Inn and the Best Western, but when it comes to quality, it is far below either. While taking a shower, if I was standing in the tub and touched the water faucet, I could feel a strong electric charge going through my hand. 

Also, the woman next door is having a bad day, from what I can guess based on what she is screaming into the phone. And her car alarm goes off every time she starts it.

So aside from the electrocution by bathtub, it's a nice room.

No comments:

Post a Comment