Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Day 53: Chiloquinto Lake of the Woods

August 13, 2014
51 miles

I forgot all the rules for mood improvement while bike touring: eat carbs, drink coffee, clean chain, pump up tires, eat carbs.

I woke up still in a foul mood from taking the wrong way. Then I remembered to eat drink and clean my bike, and after I did that I realized it doesn't matter if I get lost because I have all summer and getting lost just means you have a chance to see something unexpected.

3000 mile landmark! Hooray for me!

And so I guess it all worked out because the timing worked out where I hit 3000 miles right as I approached this nice little lake, where I got to celebrate with a pb and j and banana sandwich. So hooray for me! A sign claims that Lake Kalamath is the biggest freshwater lake west of the great lakes. I looked it up and there are tons of other freshwater lakes bigger than it. Not sure what they're talking about.



If I hadn't taken a "wrong" turn, I also would not have ended up at this splendid little lake that they call Lake of the Woods.


Afraid of running out of water again, I ate dinner here, camped on the opposite side of the road in the wilderness, and then came back in for breakfast in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. Just looked at my computer today and it read 2255. Guess you passed my mileage in 50 days. Took me 2 years to get to 2000!

    ReplyDelete