Pages

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Day 68: Yosemite: Glacier Point

August 28, 2014
0 miles
Yosemite

Late last night I met one of the people I'm sharing the site space with, Brandon. He's road tripping by himself and doing a lot of hiking and biking. He offered to drive to Glacier Point, and so I went along with him and had a great time talking with him, and it was good that we both let the scenery soak in at the same slow pace.


Here's a view from Glacier Point. Half Dome on the left. Oh, and Brandon and I might be on Google Earth. We saw the Google man with his crazy camera thing walking around. We're not there yet, but check for the trail views or the panoramic views and maybe we will be. 





After taking in Glacier Point, we took a short hike starting about a couple of miles down the hill from Glacier point. I enjoyed this one much better. A 360 panorama, and the wind felt amazing.

Half dome on right, Nevada and Vernal Falls center, our campsite somewhere in the valley. I was happy I didn't have to ride my bike up here.

 

Brandon having one of the best nectarines ever. I saw it. It looked very juicy.



This spot was my favorite. Obviously the view is fantastic, but even better is if you are sitting on the rock you can feel the full force of the wind coming up from the valley. It's a powerful experience.



In the evening, we went down the mountain to relax in the river. I'll have to add it to my list of most beautiful places I've swam.


And I had fun racing leaves down the stream. No better way to end the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment