Pages

Monday, September 15, 2014

Day 82: Lake Isabella to Tehachapi

September 12, 2014
Lake Isabella to Tehachapi
65 miles?

Early start and a beautiful sunrise started the day off right. There was also an amazing moonrise over the mountains, but I couldn't capture that with my camera.



The morning was the best SoCal riding I've had so far! Cool temps (Only 85 degrees at noon!) and a nice breeze made it possible for me to enjoy the sparse beauty of the landscape.



Then in the afternoon is got hot, and the landscape got a little too sparse for my liking.



And on top of it the pavement turned to black, which just radiated heat into my face.

Saw my first rattlesnake!



This is a famous train engineering thing, the track circles underneath itself as it climbs the mountain. I was at the wrong angle to capture this train go over itslef, but there it is.



Am camped out at an airport. A man gave me the pass code to go into one of the lounges and onto the landing strip, but I couldn't get it to work. So now I'm outside the gate next to some very loud trians, planes, and highway traffic.

Good thing I have earplugs!










1 comment: