Pages

Monday, September 15, 2014

Day 80: Three Rivers to Sequoia National Monument


September 10, 2014
57 miles
7:40 ride time

Three Rivers to Aspen Creek Campground, Sequoia National Monument

FINALLY left Three Rivers to continue on my journey. 

But first, I thought my friend Shawn had somehow landed at the campground I was staying at. Turns out it's just his German look alike. He was even more dressed like Shawn before.


I was able to get a nice early start and so the first 20 miles were very comfortable, and I was starting to enjoy and appreciate the beauty of the geography and landscapes here. I made 4000 miles! Making progress!



The heat came, and it was oppressive. And there was a  monster climb to undertake. I climbed from 1500 feet to 7000 feet. Once it cooled off to high 80's, I felt good again. 

I stopped by an AMAZING oasis that had waterfalls, climbing rocks that went in and around pools of water and waterfalls, and had jumping rocks, and a poorly constructed rope swing. Sorry it's sideways.



I made it up to Sequoia National Monument, which is different from the park. Some people at a gas station told me that the trees here are better than the national park, but they haven't even been to the national park. I"ll have to be the judge of that.

1 comment: