Pages

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Day 91: Oak Creek to Mount Laguna

September 21, 2014

A COMFORTABLE DAY OF RIDING IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA! This hasn't happened in a long time. The temperatures were perfect, the hills were more gradual; I greatly enjoyed the riding today.

Of course such a great day had to be marred by some angry driver flipping me the bird for the first time all trip. I sigh as I think about how I made it almost 5,000 miles, almost from Anchorage to the Mexican border, without having to witness such rude behavior. And of all the times when I deserved the finger, I get it when I'm riding safely in the middle of a nice wide shoulder? The universe is unreasonable. I secretly enjoyed it a little bit.

So I hope that the truck driver's day improves and that he doesn't have to see any other cyclists that may trigger more explosive temper tantrums.

The truck driver drove off before I could take a picture of him, but I did see this fun little airport where they have air sailing. It was pretty cool to watch.



The craft with the wider wings is an engineless glider being pulled by the airplane with the shorter wings.


I should make it to the border tomorrow! So excited to be so close to such a great milestone!


No comments:

Post a Comment