Pages

Monday, September 22, 2014

Day 92: Mount Laguna to MEXICAN BORDER!!!

September 22, 2014
56 miles


I am pleased to report that on the 3 month anniversary of landing in Anchorage Alaska, I have made it all the way to the US/Mexican border at Tecate!


I was so excited last night I couldn't sleep. I felt like I was 6 years old waiting for Santa Clause to come. So at 5:00 in the morning I decided I had enough and packed up. Unfortunately it was 45 degrees out and I only have one light fleece, so it was too cold to ride. I stopped and heated up some water on the buffet burners that I picked up since I couldn't find camp fuel. It takes an unreasonable amount of time to heat anything with them.


But the riding was nice all the way to Tecate. I think the heat has greatly influenced my opinion of southern California. Like how the rain greatly influenced my opinion of parts of British Colombia.

One thing that you didn't see between the US and Canada is this beautiful wall.


Mother did it need to be so high?

I won't be crossing until I meet up with mky new cycling partner, but I really enjoyed this milestone nonetheless. If I get run over cycling to San Diego tomorrow I will be joyful to know I made it all the way from Anchorage to Tecate on a bicycle!


I celebrated with some pizza, and then rode back to a city with wifi, groceries, and camping. Now the wait begins. I'll head towards San Diego to stay with a friend of a friend, do some beach camping, and visit family in Las Vegas. I'll get to see my 6 year old (I think she's about 6) cousin that I've never met before!

No comments:

Post a Comment