Pages

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Day 90: Pinyon Flat Campground to Oak Creek Campground

September 20, 2014
38 miles

I'm putting in fewer miles than normal in order to limit the amount of time I have to layover in San Diego.
The big news of today is that I finally met a southbound cyclist doing the Sierra Cascade route! I've met maybe half a dozen people on the route, and all but one were doing a loop, and not the whole route. On guy, Max was northbound.

So Matthew aka Stampede and I split a campsite and were happy to have someone to talk to. We decided we are both conversation starved. Stampede's story is partiularly interesting since he did the Pacific Crest Trail South to North, and then hoped on a bike and is headed North to South on the Sierra Cascade route, which loosely follows the PCT. Way to go Stampede!

Still, hot, still hilly. No photos. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment