Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Day 87: Joshua Tree National Park

September 17, 2014

Last night I camped out on an open field, but when I woke up at 4:30 to the sounds of a ferocious dog barking nearby, I realized it might not be as open as I thought. I packed up and headed towards the park.


Maybe I should have camped out here? There were other signs that said "Do Not Touch The Objects."



It actually rained last night! And it created a mess on some of the sidewalks and roads!



Joshua Tree National Park is as sparse and the landscape. I'm learning to appreciate desert beauty. It makes it impossible to take a bad picture.




Yucca!


Hidden Valley. They used to sneak "illicit herds" into this area to graze.


Self portrait.


Half tree, half cactus. It's a Sasquatch Tree!


I camped out at Jumbo Rocks. There are some fun rocks to go bouldering on.


From the rock above, I watched the sunset below.


That guy has it right..




No comments:

Post a Comment