Pages

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Day 71: Pine Flat Lake to Sequoia National Park

August 31, 2014
Pine Flat Lake to Sequoia National Park

This is about how I felt waking up after sleeping on a pile of rocks after riding through 90 plus degree heat all night after eating only cookie cream sandwhiches.



Getting higher!



Heat killing me but I'm getting higher!



Made it to Kings Canyon/Sequoia National Park!



I made less than 50 miles today, barely, which is a rare occurance.

I am camping in Sunset campground in General Grant Grove. I chanced to come across an incredibly kind couple, Jim and Jean. As I was registering for my campsite, I exclaimed at the high $18 fee. Jim offered to share a campsite, and I gratefully accepted!

Jim and Jean were great campsite friends, and even better because Jean is a veteran school teacher. I got to talk education, which is something I have done very little of since the school year ended.

The campsite is FULL of people, some of them very party hardy for labor day. About the time we called it a night, an RV pulled up and whipped out some floodlights. No joke. I guess there's a first for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment