Pages

Monday, September 15, 2014

Day 78: Soccer Match

September 7, 2014
0 Miles
Three Rivers

Today marked Tyler's completely unexpected return to the soccer pitch!

But before that my tour guide and I climbed rocks and swam in the river. The river, I am told, is very very low and usually these rocks are not at any risk of being struck by a boat propeller. California is definitely in a drought. Do your part to conserve water.

After a swim, we went to Cynthia's soccer match. It was too hot for soccer, but like true soccer players they played anyways. In the last half of the second half, they asked if I wanted to throw on a jersey and play. I couldn't resist so for the first time in two years, for the first time since my back surgery, I played soccer. It made me so happy to play! So happy! And I even was able to make some good passes while I was in.

After the game, while buying food to grill, my weak calf was aching, but it didn't bother me because I was so happy from having played soccer again.

Never expected that to happen on this trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment