Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Day 88: Joshua Tree to Mecca, CA

September 18, 2014
65 miles

I learned some unpleasant truths about my travels. Namely I learned that I have been riding in 100+ degree temperatures. I knew it was hot, but gee whiz I had no idea. Today was another 100+ degree day.

The hike I wanted to do was closed, so I did the only thing I have to do which is to ride my bike down the road. I skirted around some road closed signs and road 20 miles of road all to myself. Myself and 4 contstruction workers clearing away the sand and silt from the recent floods.


Cactus Garden. The sign said "WARNING! Unless you are a cactus wren be careful not to brush against the cactus..."



I don't recommend all natural botanical sunscreen unless you have allergies. 

This was a fun little canyon to drive through. I had it all to myself because it was closed due to mudslides.


I saw one man wearing a turbine. It made me wonder if he got on the wrong bus.


No comments:

Post a Comment