Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Day 86: Crestline to Joshua Tree

September 16, 2014

Century Day! (100 miles)

Like most century days (days when you ride 100 miles) on tour, this one was unplanned. I felt good and so I kept going and going. Also I kept resetting my odometer on accident, so I never looked at my mileage and though "Wow, I came a long way I should be tired."



This isn't really a thing to celebrate because I am trying to slow down my pace so I have less waiting for my new riding partner to do in San Diego.

 I stopped by a strange park with life sized statues. I like the fact that my camera went to "portrait mode" and recognized the statue's face on the pirate. Good job sculptor!


 Sorry to the sculptor, but my camera does not recognize the policeperson's face as a face. I am curious if I put these on facebook, whose name would pop up for tagging?


About to descend into the Mojave Desert!


Long, straight road. And amazing desert sky.


Long desert shadows. I fell over on the sandy shoulder immediately after taking this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment